- produce a quality range of luxury and affordable products for the wholesale foodservice sector without compromising on quality or flavour
- offer the highest possible levels of customer service
- combine the valuable and rich heritage of the family’s Italian background and product knowledge with ongoing investment in state of the art equipment, manufacturing techniques and product development.
- Gelato Gold, a tempting range of 5 litre Napoli easy scoop ice creams, new to the market and made to traditional recipes with fresh cream. Available in ten delicious flavours including Madagascan Vanilla, Forest Fruits Berry Heaven and Cappuccino Amaretto and Coconut Cream, which in 2014 and 2015 was awarded with a Great Taste Award for Taste & Product Excellence. They deliver luxury branding with great POS support.
- The new Premium Sorbets made from all natural fruit purees and real champagne, with less than 2.5% fat. Our Premium Mango Sorbet won a 2014 Great Taste Award for Taste & Product Excellence
- The award-winning Summertime range, our value product. A creamy, easy to scoop and luxury tasting ice cream, available in eight favourite flavours.
- Mellow Gold – the ‘original’ Suncream ice cream with an exceptionally creamy mouth feel. Easy to scoop and available in six ‘must have’ flavours – Raspberry Ripple, Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Bubblegum and Lemon.
- Cornish Gold Dairy Vanilla, an all-butter luxury ice cream. Silver medal winner in the Ice Cream Alliance awards.
- Lower Sugar Vanilla fat free ice cream – an ICA Silver Medal winner in the healthy eating class and ideal for anyone on a fat free or controlled diet.
The story so far
Suncream Dairies is a family-owned wholesale business which successfully blends the rich heritage and tradition of Italian ice cream with 21st century manufacturing techniques to create great value, great tasting and award winning ice cream in a wide range of flavours for the food and hospitality sector.
Launched in 1967 by the current owners’ father, Domenico Manfredi, Suncream is a significant producer of both luxury and affordable ice creams and is proud to successfully combine contemporary flavour trends and manufacturing processes with traditional family values. Domenico’s own father Agostino, originally settled in the UK in the 1930s and started an ice cream van business before Domenico started his own company, Suncream, in Tamworth, Staffordshire. Some of our most popular but closely-guarded recipes date back over 100 years!
Third generation Rebecca Manfredi is now responsible for the business which has a £6m annual turnover and employs up to 50 people during peak summer production. Our primary customers are foodservice wholesalers and cash & carries, whose end users include pubs, restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, leisure operators, contract caterers, schools, care homes and milkshake outlets. All of these embrace the four cornerstones of our operation: quality, service, heritage and tradition.
Suncream’s mission is to…
Our products include:
Suncream holds over 100 awards and diplomas, gained over the years for product taste and quality. Cornish Gold and our Diabetic ice creams currently hold ICA Silver Medals; additional accolades include being Highly Commended for Manufacturing Excellence in the Midlands Family Business awards, and being shortlisted for Food Manufacturing’s Frozen Foods Manufacturing Company of the Year, and for Country Range’s Own Brand Supplier of the Year. We also won the ‘Large Manufacturer’ title in the 2015 Tamworth Business Awards.
Our three latest Gelato Gold flavours – Lemon Curd Meringue, Bubblegum & Marshmallow and Clotted Cream – were each awarded a prestigious ICA Diploma for product taste and quality at the 2016 Ice Cream Expo. Our creative team also worked wonders with their Olympic ski slope made of ice cream, taking first place and the Silver trophy in the Large Artistic Class, while their version of Mickey Mouse’s Magician’s Hat came second in the Mini Artistic Class winning a Silver medal!
We also hold Great Taste Gold Stars for a number of our ice creams including the Gelato Gold Coconut Cream and Rum & Raisin flavours, the Summertime Creamy Coconut flavour and our Premium Mango Sorbet. As we have now won a Great Taste Award for three consecutive years (2014, 2015 & 2016), we are delighted that we can now call ourselves a Great Taste Producer.